Sunday, September 16, 2007

Wang Isn't Very Good on the Road..

Wang is now 8-3 on the road.

In 82 innings, he has given up 96 hits and 46 earned runs. That is a 5.05 ERA...

Batters are hitting .301 against him on road starts. Compare that to the .236 batters hit against him at home..


I know that stats don't tell the whole story, and I know a lot of people will say that Wang catches some 'bad breaks' or unlucky hops that hurt him.. Sadly, the fact is he needs to pitch better on the road...

He also needs to improve on how he pitches with runners in scoring position... For the year, both home and away, batters are hitting .331 against him in those situations.

I like Wang and I think hes a good pitcher for this team. I know that for every negative stat I throw out there, there's going to be a positive one to offset it. However Wang needs to make some adjustments. He needs to be able to pitch on the road.

A lot of people argue that Wang is not an ace because he doesn't strike people out. I don't care about strikeouts, I care about a pitcher who can get outs... Wang is having trouble doing that on the road this season..

Game times at 8:05 tonight. Yankees are looking to Clemens to come up big.. Lets go Yankees, lets take 2 out of 3.

No comments: