Sunday, September 9, 2007

We're down to the last 20 games..

Well what a strange wild season it's been so far..

I'm not the most articulate guy out there, so I'm not quite sure how to put the feeling into words but..

This season and this team has a different feel to it then it has the last couple years. To be more accurate, this feeling happened right at the end of April when the Yankees began shaking things up..

I don't know if it's the influx of youth, I don't know if it's the fact that on any given day half the players on the field are homegrown and I don't know if it's because of the winning ways lately.

What I do know is that when I look at this team and when I read interviews or see pictures of them in the dugout, they look more relaxed. They look like they're having fun. They look like a team that has chemistry.

That was missing in the last few years. I can remember many games, good and bad, where the players sat in the dugout or bullpen and looked genuinely disinterested in what was going on.

This year it feels like no matter what the situation there's somebody up on the top step, or there's somebody chatting and laughing on the dugout.

Now I know that a team needs a lot more then just chemistry to win games, but I do think it's a big ingredient.


Game time is at 2:10PM today. Wang hasn't been stealer on the road this year. He has a 4.93 ERA in 11 road starts. He's given up 82 hits in 69.1 innings.. That's to many. All that aside though, he is 7-2 in road starts.

No comments: